Baked Buffalo Chicken
4 Ingredient Meal!
Here is something I threw together but loved so much I had to share. Any time I am about to bake chicken, I like to find ways to spice it up (pun not intended!) with different seasonings and sauces by using ingredients I already have at home. One thing that you can guarantee will be in my fridge at all times is a big bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. I never get tired of the combination of buffalo sauce with blue cheese (or ranch) dressing.
Oftentimes I will try to get creative with ingredients on my chicken, take photos as I throw it together, but decide that it is not something I will make frequently (or ever again — I won’t know ’til I try, right?!) but this is something I know I will do all the time — it is so easy and tasty!
This is what I used on just one chicken breast. Adjust accordingly!
You will need:
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 chicken breast — mine was boneless & skinless
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring hot sauce, butter, and cayenne pepper just to a boil, whisking constantly — remove from heat.
- Prepare chicken breast by brushing hot sauce mixture on both sides; set a little aside if you want additional sauce for after baking. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper if you like it extra spicy!
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Add a couple tablespoons of ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side for about 2 g carbs, and voila!
Pair with celery sticks for a classic hot wing feel, and you have yourself a nearly no carb meal — 2 g if you want to dip in dressing!
2 g carbs
per serving of most dressings
I have almost hit the 200 follower mark and I am so grateful I have no words! Especially since I have had the craziest past month of my life.. So much happening at once, moving over an hour away from my small town to a city, going through the lengthy process of *hopefully* getting this new job .. it has been nuts around here but exciting! During this time I have found myself losing weight again and I am so excited to be sharing some progress pictures at my next weigh in. Thank you all for the continued support despite some of these hurdles I have encountered! It means more to me than you all know.
Thanks for reading!